Gaining an edge on planting by being able to start growth indoors doesn’t require a huge investment. Cheap plant grow lights can get the job done at a fraction of the cost of more elaborate setups. When proper lights are selected and they’re used to their greatest advantage, year-round growing inside is more than feasible and most certainly affordable.
Finding the Right Lights
Cheap plant grow lights are affordable, but that doesn’t mean they are low quality. The best provide all the advantages more elaborate, costly growing setups deliver without the hassles. To find the best lights to transform a space into a year-round growing area make sure to look for:
- LED bulbs – Cheap plant grow lights that deliver results are quite often made using LED bulbs. In fact, the lights themselves are simply bulbs that can be used in any socketed lamp. LED offers the advantage of delivering proper lighting to plants to promote growth while costing less to operate. Cheap plant grow lights designed with LED bulbs are also cooler and they simply do not require expensive extra equipment, such as ballasts, fans or outside heat sinks.
- Hydroponic compatibility – For those who do want more elaborate growing setups, look for cheap plant lights that are rated for hydroponic use.
- Pricing – Cheap plant grow lights will not cost as much as many setups, but buyers can still expect to pay a little under $70 for the best. Products that cost a lot more to a whole lot less may not deliver the results.
What to Expect From Cheap Plant Grow Lights
These lights are designed to simulate the sun and promote plant growth indoors without costing a small fortune in the process. The best lights offer these advantages:
- Lack of heat buildup – Cheap plant grow lights shouldn’t heat up a room like other indoor growing equipment. LED bulbs generally make this so.
- Suitable for all phases of plant growth – Cheap plant grow lights created using LED bulbs deliver just enough energy to promote plant growth through all stages. Keep in mind, however, they might not have the ability to bring a plant to full fruiting. They can, however, give growers the edge required to ensure a healthy, strong plant before it’s moved outdoors to complete its cycles.
- Suitable for most plants – Versatile cheap plant grow lights are ideal to use for herbs, indoor plants, small fruiting plants and leafy vegetables, among others.
Cheap plant grow lights can provide anyone with edge they need to foster plant growth inside. Keep in mind that proper setup and plant care will be required to get the most out of these lights. When used properly, however, it’s possible to enjoy healthy plant growth year round.